At Amulet Hotkey the difference between making good products and making great products is our Firmware Test Engineers and their close relationships with the rest of the engineering team. That can mean pairing with engineers working on how to better perform exploratory testing one day, to devising scenarios to verify a product’s quality the next, to developing and extending automation test frameworks, then working with others to improve development processes after that.
In this role you’ll play a crucial part in everything we do to improve quality, speed up development time and ship better products more consistently. You’ll be working in a growing Agile development environment. You’ll be working directly with engineers on innovative and industry leading products. You’ll be assessing and mitigating risks, solving quality challenges, performing exploratory testing and developing test automation, all as part of a team of highly talented and supportive R&D engineers.
You’re a great fit for this position if you want to help ship great products. We understand that shipping great products requires more than just testing. It involves improvements to processes, tools and testing approaches. It involves collaborating closely with engineers, diving into code and constant innovation. If you’re someone that actively pushes for and implements change, someone who continually develops and balances both technical and soft skills, someone who understands that making great products requires preventing problems, not just finding them, then this position was made for you.
About the Role
In this important role you will:-
- Develop and maintain production test scripts & software
- Create & maintain automated test frameworks and verification scripts
- Develop test harnesses for internally developed firmware libraries
- Create and execute test scenarios to verify the implementation of a requirement and manage any defects
Your experience will include:-
- Firmware and electronic product testing
- QA methodologies and tools
- Modern revision control systems; ideally SVN or GIT
- JIRA for creating bugs and test related user stories
- A track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other functions
Ideally you will have:-
- Fluency in Python and C for embedded electronics
- Good understanding of software unit testing and associated tools (e.g. CppUTest)
- Basic understanding of digital, analogue electronics and common comms interfaces
- Use of debug tools, such as scopes emulators, logic analysers is an advantage
- Proven ability to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Hands-on experience implementing test automation frameworks across different test levels is an advantage
- Highly desirable that you have a degree level qualification in related engineering discipline
At Amulet Hotkey we always look for the best ways to add value, question assumptions, and focus on the long-term solutions instead of the short-term workarounds. We have an equal and trusted partnership across the engineering function to deliver great products and improve development processes. With continual new challenges to solve, we invest heavily in developing the technical and non-technical skills in the team to deliver innovative solutions.
£1,000 joining bonus for Direct Applicants (terms apply)
No recruitment agencies thank you.