Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
As the Global Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of our Procurement, Logistics and Stores teams both in the UK and US, reporting into the CFO. You will be responsible for the entire stock management across the business, managing systems and processes using Sage200. This is a hands-on role within a fast paced and growing SME.
The main elements of your role will be:
– Managing the global procurement, logistics and stock management functions
– Developing reporting metrics and identifying key areas of improvement of the supply chain
– Close collaboration with Product Management, Sales and especially Production to define optimal component levels and pricing to support demand/delivery schedules and manufacturing throughput
– Proactively striving for process improvements across the entire supply chain, automating and refining processes where appropriate
– Actively managing the entire stock management for the business, ensuring accurate data and systems integration
– Overseeing the management of global suppliers and leading on cost down initiatives, negotiation with suppliers on price and terms as well as structural reduction in total working capital tied up in inventory related to CV19 support
– Ensuring export compliance out of the UK and US across 82 end customer countries
Your other duties will also include:
– Leading, inspiring and coaching team members within the procurement, logistics and stores teams
– Introducing new systems and processes to maximise productivity
– Ensuring the accuracy of Sage200 to support data integrity and accurate financial reporting
To be considered for the role, the ideal candidate will need:
– Strong ERP/MRP experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
– Excellent knowledge of Sage 200
– Experience of international supply chain and logistics
– Knowledge of import and export licenses and duty
– Strong stock management expertise
– To be data savvy with excellent analytical skills with the drive for data integrity
– Experience of working at an expert level with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business
– An appetite for hitting targets and deadlines
– Experience of working within a fast-paced SME
Experience gained within the electronics engineering and/or technology sectors would be highly desirable. An MCIPS or degree level qualification would also be beneficial, but not essential.
ISO 9001:2015 experience would be equally advantageous, as would experience of JIT Supply Chain Management.
So, if you are an experienced and dynamic Global Supply Chain Manager with good data analytics skills and exceptional stock management expertise especially in hi tech and electronics, we are keen to hear from you.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Karen Bonser, Head of HR – [email protected]
Direct Applicants Only: joining bonus of £500 (terms apply)
No recruitment agencies thank you.