We have an opportunity for a Product Compliance Engineer.
This is a multifaceted role encompassing product regulatory compliance, materials compliance and export control and licencing.
Product regulatory compliance:
- Administer and maintain all aspects of product regulatory compliance to international directives and standards for embedded electronic devices.
- Assess and determine the requirements for approval in all international markets.
- To work with the R&D team during new product development to specify necessary standards and ensure that new products are suitable for approval.
- Monitor international standards and provide advice and guidance to the R&D team on any new or changing requirements.
- Ensure global EMC and safety compliance requirements are understood and adhered to e.g. FCC, CE, UL etc.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities such as UL to obtain and maintain approval.
- Technical file management ensuring that all relevant data is correct and satisfies FCC, UL, CE, etc, marking requirements and is available to customers and third parties on request.
- Provide technical responses to customers with respect to international standards and product compliance.
- Ensure that all Amulet Hotkey technical product literature is correct and accurate with respect to adherence to regulatory standards.
- To manage materials compliance in line with RoHS, REACH and other international, national and corporate legislation and standards.
- To manage materials conformity declarations and certification.
Export control and licencing:
- To define product ECCN and export licencing requirements for embedded electronic devices.
- To manage Amulet Hotkey’s UK Department for International Trade Spire account.
- To keep abreast of the US Bureau of Industry and Security’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provide advice and guidance to internal teams where appropriate.
- Maintain shipping records and annual reporting submissions.
- To provide advice and guidance to internal teams on current export regulations for both UK and US.
- To manage all product compliance and export control processes.
- Review and update quality management system procedures.
- Degree/HND in an engineering subject or significant experience in a similar technical role
- Previous experience within a product compliance/regulatory role
- Electronics fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of product compliance to international standards including UL, CE, FCC.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK and US export control and licencing requirements
- Highly analytical, data driven, numerically literate with a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work in a growing Agile environment with a can-do attitude
- Project Management experience desirable
- ISO 9001, experience in internal auditing or management would be beneficial
- Experience of ISO 27001, again desirable but not essential
Full time or part time basis (4 days per week or equivalent hours over 5 days).
Home-based considered (with regular visits to the Devon office).
£500 joining bonus for Direct Applicants (terms apply)