How to Deliver Breakthrough Performance in Under 1U of Rack Space
07 December 2017
Professionals can unleash the power of uncompromised mobility, using new CoreStation® dedicated and virtual blade workstations
- Data center optimized: CoreStation workstation solutions deliver power and performance into a small footprint, while enhancing security and reliability for mission critical applications.
- Enterprise agility: using CoreStation dedicated and virtual blade workstations that leverage Dell EMC 14th generation PowerEdge servers, Intel Xeon Scalable processors and NVIDIA professional or virtual GPUs.
- Deliver uncompromised mobility: using CoreStation workstations to enable flexible and mobile workstyles without compromising performance.
London, December 7, 2017 – Amulet Hotkey Ltd., a leader in design, manufacturing and system integration for remote physical and virtual workstation solutions, today announced the availability of new high-performance platforms for the flagship CoreStation blade workstation family.
The CoreStation blade workstation solutions help speed the design, visualization and simulation of anything from animation and movies to cars, wind farms and oil/gas reservoirs. Amulet Hotkey’s CoreStation WM640 provides an extreme performance dedicated blade workstation where the CoreStation VM640 provides a high-performance and agile virtual blade workstation solution. Professionals can access demanding applications at any time and from anywhere for true mobility without compromising workstation power or performance.
The CoreStation WM640 and VM640 solutions build on the success of five generations of workstations to deliver data center optimized workstations that give increased productivity, security, availability, and scalability with an uncompromised user experience to meet the needs of demanding professionals. Centralizing workstations using the CoreStation WM640 and VM640 improves security, IP protection and uptime. At the same time it enables flexible workstyles such as working from home, on the road or when securely accessing global talent from around the world. Professionals can connect to their workstation using Amulet Hotkey DXZ zero clients or mobile devices from across the office, across the country or from continent to continent.
Amulet Hotkey developed the new CoreStation platforms in collaboration with Dell EMC and NVIDIA product engineering teams. We combined the power of Intel Xeon Scalable processors, as well as professional or virtual GPUs with the scalability, efficiency and manageability of Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 blade servers.
CoreStation WM640 Dedicated Blade Workstation
The CoreStation WM640 blade workstation brings the latest NVIDIA® Quadro® GPUs, Intel Xeon Scalable processors as well as hardware remote display protocol acceleration, delivering a powerful dual-socket workstation in under 1U of rack space. The blade resources can be dedicated to a single user for extreme workstation performance that greatly expands visualization and compute capability when working with large datasets, complex models and high-resolution images. The CoreStation WM640 makes it possible to centralize performance workstations in a dense form factor ideally suited for data center deployment.
CoreStation VM640 Virtual Blade Workstation
The CoreStation VM640 virtual blade workstation brings the NVIDIA® Tesla® P6 GPU accelerator to Dell EMC PowerEdge 14G M-series blade servers. With latest NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture and NVIDIA Quadro® Virtual Data Center Workstation Software (Quadro vDWS), this unique virtual blade workstation combines performance and agility with the efficiency, scalability and manageability of PowerEdge M-series blades. Customers can now support graphics-intensive and compute acceleration applications using the power of the GPU in virtualized environments, allowing users to experience software as it was designed to be experienced.
“We understand the challenge of balancing the performance and mobility needs of professionals while meeting security, agility and efficiency needs of enterprise IT,” said Tony Hilliard, Global Sales Director, Amulet Hotkey Ltd. “We developed the CoreStation dedicated and virtualized blade solutions to give IT teams the flexibility they need to centralize workstations that fit within space and power constraints without compromising the user experience.”
“Pioneers like Amulet Hotkey are working with Dell EMC OEM to develop unique solutions that drive customer IT transformations with efficiency and performance innovations to unleash their true business potential,” said Ron Pugh, vice President, Americas, Global OEM Solutions, Dell EMC. “The integration of NVIDIA GPUs and Dell EMC PowerEdge 14G blade servers demonstrates our commitment to helping customers transform their infrastructure to innovate faster, scale smarter and accelerate success.”
CoreStation workstation benefits:
- Secure anywhere access: advanced security algorithms such as 256-bit AES encryption protect your session and data so you can connect with confidence from the office, from home, on the road or from overseas.
- Power and performance: the latest dual Xeon processors combined with professional and virtual graphics provide exceptional power to visualize and manipulate complex designs.
- Increase productivity and security: ensure datasets stay within the secure data center to boost application performance, avoid the use of old data across teams while increasing security.
- Deliver mobility without compromising performance: mobile workstations must trade-off performance, capacity, battery life and even device weight. CoreStation workstations enable flexible and mobile workstyles without compromising performance. Mobile devices simply need to decode the remote display protocol which enables the use of smaller, light weight and lower cost devices with a longer battery life.
Amulet Hotkey CoreStation WM640 features:
- Half-height blade that leverages the 14th generation Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 blade server.
- Dual socket workstation in under 1U: fit up to 64 workstations in a standard 42U rack for a 3x density advantage over comparable 2U rack workstations.
- Powered by Intel Xeon Scalable processors with more cores, fast clock speeds and advanced features such as AVX512 to speed compute intensive workloads.
- Amulet Hotkey DXM remote workstation graphics card incorporates NVIDIA Quadro GPUs and a Teradici PCoIP processor for maximum performance when handling tough workloads. DXM card options include:
- DXM-M5000SE with NVIDIA Quadro M5000SE GPU
- DXM-M3000SE with NVIDIA Quadro M3000SE GPU
- DXM-M2200 with NVIDIA Quadro m2200 GPU
- Multi-protocol acceleration: Teradici PCoIP, VMware Blast Extreme, Citrix HDX, and Mechdyne TGX.
- Hardware remote display protocol encoding avoids loading the workstation CPU to safeguard application performance and deliver rapid encoding for multi-display, high frame-rate, and high-resolution workloads.
Amulet Hotkey CoreStation VM640 features:
- Half-height blade that leverages the 14th generation Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 blade server.
- Blades provide up to a 3x density advantage for virtual workstations compared to 2U rack servers due to optimal matching of server CPU and virtual GPU resources. Fit up to 256 workstations in a 10U enclosure.
- Powered by Intel Xeon Scalable processors with more cores, fast clock speeds and advanced features such as AVX512 to speed multiple compute intensive workloads.
- Amulet Hotkey DXG-P6 mezzanine GPU card incorporates a NVIDIA Tesla P6 GPU accelerator with NVIDIA Quadro vDWS to deliver maximum performance for virtualized workloads. Compared to the previous generation Telsa M6, the Telsa P6 delivers:
- 2x increase in GPU memory1 with 16GB GDDR5 for up to 2x more users (1GB profile)
- Up to a 1.8x increase in GPU performance1.
- Unique secondary IO card option to boost blade IO capacity or provide native Fiber Channel/Infiniband ports to handle additional load that can occur when consolidating multiple workstations onto a single platform.
- Multi-protocol support: Teradici PCoIP, VMware Blast Extreme, Citrix HDX, and Mechdyne TGX.
- Support for a range of hypervisor platforms, including VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer.
Contact Amulet Hotkey to discuss customization for your specific deployment requirements.
For more information contact Amulet Hotkey or visit ahk.publitek.com.
About Amulet Hotkey
Amulet Hotkey is a proven innovator in design, manufacturing and system integration of high availability solutions for remote physical or virtual workstations, as well as virtual and cloud desktop that are optimized for both mission and business critical applications to deliver robust, secure and uncompromised performance backed up by world-class support. Amulet Hotkey partners with leading manufacturers of data center, cloud and virtualization technologies that enable them to bring to market unique solutions tailored to enterprise IT needs for a truly flexible and scalable computing architecture. Amulet Hotkey customers include Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises as well as local and federal governments. The Amulet Hotkey solutions are deployed in command and control, emergency call centers, investment banks, oil & gas, CAD designers, digital content creation, and post production studios around the world.
Amulet Hotkey was founded in 1990, and is headquartered in the UK where design and manufacturing facilities are based with sales, support and technology centers in London and New York. For more information see ahk.publitek.com.
Copyright © 2017 Amulet Hotkey Ltd. or its subsidiaries. Amulet Hotkey and CoreStation are trademarks of Amulet Hotkey Ltd., and are registered in the United Kingdom, United States and/or other countries. Any other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
1. Based on Amulet Hotkey internal testing using the DXG-P6 and DXG-M6 in a CoreStation® VM630 blade server.