The personal information we collect
We may collect personal information from you when you register for a forum or newsletter, download products such as drivers, register products with us, create a user name and password, provide feedback, send email enquiries or participate in another part of the site.
We may collect your name, email address, postal address and postcode, country of residence, job title, daytime and/or mobile phone number, information about your workplace and the nature of your business. If you use the site to apply for a job, we will collect information about your educational background and employment history. We may also request your resume.
Your personal information will remain on record until we receive instructions from you to delete it.
You can visit the site without revealing any information about yourself, though you may not be able to use all of its features to the fullest extent.
How we use your information
We may use the personal information collected via the site for any of the following purposes:
- providing, developing, improving and personalising our services and the site;
- registering you on the site;
- providing you with marketing communications (see Direct Marketing section below);
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- generating anonymous reports about use of the site and its features;
- allowing you to take part in surveys, campaigns, competitions or promotions;
- employment, if you have provided personal information in an application for a job with AHK.
We may use your personal information to provide you with marketing communications sent by:
- Electronic message (including SMS);
- Push notifications; and
- any other medium which becomes relevant.
You can opt-out of receiving communications at any time using the unsubscribe link embedded in our communications. Or, contact us at directly at: [email protected]
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose the personal information collected through your use of the site to any third parties without your consent except:
- to employees and independent contractors of AHK and other service providers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for AHK or to perform a service that you have requested;
- where you give us permission to disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes;
- where we are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement, or a request from a competent court, regulator or other authority;
- where we deem it necessary to protect our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of an individual who registers with the site or any third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
- in connection with a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of our assets or stock or our affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
AHK takes reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information about you passed to a third party will be held securely by that party and only be used for the purposes for which it was provided to them. Except as noted above, information we collect from site visitors will notbe shared with individuals or other companies unrelated to AHK.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the UK. It may also be processed by individuals operating outside the UK who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such individuals may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your personal information for the provision of our services and/or products, marketing purposes (subject to the Direct Marketing section above) and for customer relationship management purposes. By submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing for the purposes as detailed above.
Security and Quality
AHK is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide. We use a variety of advanced security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on secured servers that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit sensitive personal information over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
Links to external websites
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests (with a return email where possible) to:
Or by Post to:
Privacy Co-ordinator, 4 Cavalier Road, Heathfield Industrial Estate, Heathfield, Devon TQ12 6TQ
Changes and Questions
If you do not agree to the changes we make, please do not continue to use the Site.
Comments and questions regarding our policy should be directed to: [email protected]